Current Use: Rowell Annex is located on South Willard Street and contains Champlain's Physical Plant.
Location: 275 South Willard Street
Year of Construction: 1918
Original Owner: Roy Leonard Patrick
Year Purchased by Champlain College: 1972
History: The building known as the Annex was the garage for the Patrick house, now called Rowell Hall [link to Rowell Hall]. Since Rowell Hall was built in 1918, it does not have the classic Victorian look of most of the other houses in the area. It is, however, a beautifully designed building. The original owner, Roy Leonard Patrick, was the treasurer of the G. S. Blodgett Company, secretary of the Standard Coal and Fuel Company, treasurer of the Eastern Magnesia Talc Company, treasurer of the Woodbury Granite Company, and president of the Rock of Ages Corporation in Barre. The house remained in the Patrick family until 1953, when it was sold to the University of Vermont. It was purchased by Champlain College in 1972.