Current Use: The Gallery is the Campus base for the Radiography program. Most of the radiography classes and meetings that are not held at the hospital are conducted in this building, located just west of Skiff Hall.
Location: Main Street (its address is linked with Skiff Hall)
Year Constructed: c. 1838
Original Owner: Jonathan Potwin
Year Acquired by Champlain College: 1980
History: This small Greek porticoed building was constructed in 1838 by the owners of what is now Skiff Hall. It was used as a law office by Don Carlos Baxter, a prominent Burlington attorney who purchased the house in 1830. It has since been used by various owners as an art studio, tea house, office, and play house. It was included in the sale of the Skiff Hall property to the Burlington School Department in 1957, when it was used as an office. When Champlain College bought the estate in 1980 the Gallery was converted to classroom use. [link to Skiff Hall]